Communicate. Connect. Commit.
Build a Strong Foundation for Success With Fundamental Leadership Skills
The importance of developing fundamental leadership skills cannot be understated. No matter their intelligence, experience or drive, leaders at every level need the same 4 core skills to be effective and grow within an organization. CCL calls them the Fundamental 4:
- Self-awareness: Understand your behavior’s impact on organizational outcomes.
- Communication: Effectively communicate goals and inspire trust.
- Influence: Be comfortable persuading, promoting and delegating.
- Learning agility: Know when to change course, and help others to do so.
The Fundamental 4 have endured the test of time, and are the basis for our Lead 4 Success® program, where participants immerse themselves in development, adapt these skills to their own leadership contexts, participate with peers in learning and share ideas to apply their leadership lessons to their real worlds.
Is this leadership program right for you?
The program helps participants master four fundamental skills:
In addition, participants explore critical concepts such as understanding and enhancing their leadership brand, delivering effective feedback, developing political organizational savvy and listening actively within the context of a real-life leadership challenge.
”I really enjoyed the program! It was a great opportunity to learn new perspectives and tools to evolve as a leader. The activities were memorable and helped illustrate points, and the table conversations and 1-on-1 allowed for deeper discussion and sharing of real world, personal examples.Eckerd College Lead 4 Success Participant
This robust experience represents the essence of the Center for Creative Leadership’s renowned leadership content. Using a time-tested approach to leadership development, we incorporate:
- Experiential activities to learn through doing;
- A safe environment for all participants to try new behaviors;
- Peer-based learning and networking opportunities; and
- Proven leadership models from the top-ranked Center for Creative Leadership.
L4S In-Person – Three-Phase Approach to Learning
This comprehensive three-phase approach to learning includes a pre-program self-assessment, intensive “classroom” training, experiential learning and application back in the workplace.
1. Prepare—Getting Started
Prior to attending, participants complete the Lead 4 Success Assessment.
2. Engage—In-Person or Live Online Classroom Experience
Day One – Leading Yourself
- Self-Awareness: How do I use the principles of self-awareness to make conscious decisions about my leadership behavior?
- Learning Agility: How do I continuously seek, make sense of, internalize and apply lessons from a variety of resources?
Day Two – Leading Others
- Influence: How do I increase my leadership influence by building trust and leadership networks to lead others?
- Communication: How do I use active listening, feedback and vision to provide sound direction, firm alignment and dedicated commitment?
3. Apply—Sustain Your Learning
Accountability partner sessions are scheduled following the program to sustain momentum and promote follow-through on learning goals set during the program.
WHITE PAPER: Driving Performance: How Leadership Development Powers Success
Why invest in leadership development? Learn all the reasons it’s worth it for driving performance at your organization.
The program includes many special features, such as:
- Key Leadership Challenge: Use real-world applications of the fundamental four skills to a current leadership challenge.
- Personal Leadership Map: Increase self-awareness and goal attainment throughout the program.
- Lead 4 Success Assessment: Benchmark 80 behaviors critical to leader development.
- Interactive Role Plays: Practice key skills with other leaders in realistic, challenging scenarios.
- Experiential Exercises: Accelerate development using hands-on collaborative team activities to build self-awareness, learning agility, influence and communication.
Who Should Attend Lead 4 Success?
The Program is Ideal For:
- Emerging leaders with no direct reports, but on the path to leadership in the next 12 to 18 months;
- First-time managers who have been in role for 6 to 12 months;
- Leaders with 3 to 5 years of experience leading others;
- Participants who want an intensive focus on the fundamental four competencies critical for all levels of leadership; and
- Leaders who desire a compact yet compelling experience designed to enhance effectiveness in the workplace.
Why Lead 4 Success at Eckerd College?
Reputation of Excellence
- Eckerd College Leadership Development Institute (LDI) has been a Network Associate of the renowned Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) since 1981 and has delivered internationally acclaimed programs to thousands of local, national and international clients.
- Since its inception, LDI has enjoyed a reputation for excellence and quality in education and training.
- Our lead instructors consistently receive 4.8 or 4.9 on a 5.0 scale in value and enjoyment. Often, the ratings don’t even fully reflect the impact our programs have had on the individual lives and careers of attendees who have participated in the Leadership Development Institute programs at Eckerd College.
Why Attendees Chose Eckerd
- The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is ranked as one of the best programs of its kind and has been the world’s most widely attended leader development program since its inception.
- Eckerd College LDP has over 8,500 program alumni.
- Participants consistently rate LDI programs 4.8 or higher on a 5-point scale in both value and enjoyment.
- CCL ranked #4 in the 2014 Financial Times worldwide survey of executive education.
The Right Climate for Learning
- Eckerd College provides a world-class program in a world-class setting. The climate we’ve created for learning—one that is stimulating and challenging, yet relaxed and open-minded—is enhanced by our sunny, Florida location.
- The retreat-style setting of our waterfront training facility allows participants to escape the everyday rigors of work and focus on their professional development in a safe and supportive learning environment.
High-Quality, Assessment-Based Program Content
- Rich, research-based content is focused on what matters most for mid- to senior-level managers.
- Intense, personalized feedback gives participants an assessment of important competencies and a plan for learning.
- The interactive, hands-on format prepares participants to take action back at work. Coaching and take-home tools support newly enhanced skills of influencing, conflict resolution and communication.
- Coaching and take-home tools support ongoing development.
- Low instructor/participant ratio: 1:10.
Keeping The Momentum Alive With Integrated Coaching
Post-program coaching sessions offer support, expertise, and accountability.
LDI Coaches Provide:
- One-on-one encouragement and feedback in a confidential, risk-free setting.
- Support to keep the development plan on track and achieve development goals.
- An opportunity to build on the program experience to apply new insights.
How to Initiate Integrated Coaching with LDI:
- Select an Integrated Coaching package.
- Complete payment through the Integrated Coaching Registration page.
- Your coach will contact you to schedule sessions after payment confirmation from LDI’s Client Relations Manager.
Integrated Coaching Fees:
- Offered at a reduced rate of $400 per hour.
- Minimum of three sessions at $1,200.
Any data resulting from this coaching process will be considered confidential. Neither the assigned coach nor anyone from the Leadership Development Institute will disclose any information resulting from the coaching and consultation sessions to anyone except for the individual client him or herself.
Further questions regarding Integrated Coaching can be directed to Wendy Godfrey at email@example.com or 727.864.8828.
- Eckerd College’s Location and Details on Travel Arrangements
- Proper Dress Attire for the Program
- Program Assessments and Pre-Work
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at (800) 753-0444 or (727) 864-8213 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.