When two employees have communication difficulties that present a business problem, this tool allows the leaders to engage the employees in a productive problem-solving conversation. In this workshop, participants are able to practice the techniques in small breakout groups and receive feedback from their peers about strengths and areas for growth. This powerful process can be utilized virtually or in person, and research has demonstrated that the model has a high degree of effectiveness.
During this program, participants will:
- Learn a step-by-step process for mediating differences between direct reports;
- Understand how inadequate communication fueled by strained relationships often underlies the poor performance of others;
- Receive feedback on an assessment measuring both constructive and destructive responses to conflict;
- Practice new strategies for coping with personal and professional interpersonal conflicts;
- Build a system within their organizations for more effective conflict resolution; and
- Develop action plans to address current conflict management issues.
Is this program right for you?
4 Ways to Increase Your Resiliency
Being able to increase your resiliency is necessary in today’s uncertain and volatile managerial world. The question is how can you develop it? Here are 4 Strategies you can use.
- The Conflict Dynamics Profile®-Individual (CDP-I) provides comprehensive feedback on how participants perceive themselves responding to conflict and what triggers can escalate conflict. This tool is an excellent resource for enhancing self-awareness.
- The CDP-I Development Guide provides extensive information and valuable tips for coping with conflict and building strong interpersonal relationships.
- After learning a proven model for managerial mediation, participants practice the steps in breakouts led by expert facilitators.
Why Leading Through Mediation at Eckerd College?
Reputation of Excellence
- Eckerd College Leadership Development Institute (LDI) has been a Network Associate of the renowned global training provider Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) since 1981 and has delivered internationally acclaimed programs to thousands of local, national and international clients.
- Since its inception, LDI has enjoyed a reputation for excellence and quality in education and training.
- Our senior faculty team consists of highly trained and experienced professionals with diverse business and academic backgrounds. They are content experts with advanced degrees and coaching credentials and are trained to work closely and collaboratively with individual leaders and within their organizational structures.
Why Attendees Chose Eckerd
Top Ranked Institution and World-Renowned Executive Education
- Eckerd College is one of The Princeton Review’s Best 387 Colleges (2022), a member of Phi Beta Kappa and one of 40 schools featured in the book Colleges That Change Lives.
- In addition to our designation as a CCL Network Associate, LDI is an Education Partner of the international association, the Society of Human Resource Management.
- Eckerd’s Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program is accredited by the International Mediation Institute.
- LDI’s proprietary assessments the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) and Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile (EMP) are utilized globally by over +4000 certified practitioners.
The Right Climate for Learning
- Eckerd College provides a world-class program in a world-class setting. The climate we’ve created for learning—one that is stimulating and challenging, yet relaxed and open-minded—is enhanced by our sunny, Florida location.
- The retreat-style setting of our waterfront training facility allows participants to escape the everyday rigors of work and focus on their professional development in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- In addition to Downtown St. Petersburg’s thriving arts, recreation and culinary scene complemented by the white sandy beaches of Florida’s Gulf Coast, our proximity to Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota and Orlando make Eckerd College LDI a key destination for business travelers and their families.
High Quality, Assessment-Based Program Content
- Rich, research-based content is focused on what matters most for first-time and front-line managers.
- Intense, personalized feedback gives participants an assessment of important competencies and a plan for learning.
- The interactive, hands-on format prepares participants to take action back at work. Coaching and take-home tools support newly enhanced skills of influencing, conflict resolution and communication.
- Participants consistently rate LDI programs 4.8 or higher on a 5-point scale in both value and enjoyment. Often, the ratings don’t even fully reflect the impact our programs have had on the individual lives and careers of attendees who have participated in LDI programs at Eckerd College.
- Low instructor/participant ratio: 1:10.
View our client list to learn more about the many organizations with whom we have worked in the areas of leadership, teamwork, coaching and conflict.
Please note that all registrations are subject to LDI’s Transfer, Substitution & Refund Policy.
Travel Information & Program Materials
- Eckerd College’s Location and Details on Travel Arrangements
- Proper Dress Attire for the Program
- Program Assessments and Pre-Work