How do we directly address conflict in a way that preserves or improves relationships, creates new opportunities and increases productivity?
We created Step Up To Conflict (SUTC) based on the following beliefs:
- Conflict is Inevitable: When people work together they bring differing perspectives, opinions and motives that can lead to conflict.
- Conflict is Not Always Bad: Many conflicts—when handled properly—can create an atmosphere of creativity and innovation.
- Conflict Management Skills Can be Learned: While natural ability is helpful, we know these skills can be effectively developed and improved.
SUTC equips leaders with the skills and confidence necessary to manage conflict effectively.
Who would use this workshop kit?
Step Up to Conflict makes it easy to hold your own internal leadership development workshops or provide training to your clients. The convenience and flexibility of this kit enables facilitators to deliver a conflict resolution workshop with proven, research-based content and tools, either virtually or face-to-face. This kit is perfect for:
- HR and Training & Development Professionals, Coaches and Internal Facilitators
- Business Unit Leaders, Team Leaders or Project Leaders
For the Facilitator
No certification required
- Built on proven CCL and Eckerd College research and experience.
- In-person and virtual options available.
- Effective, dynamic half-day workshop.
- Everything you need is included.
- Simple to implement.
Integrate with the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP)
CDP Certified Practitioners can easily integrate the CDP assessment through an additional module developed by LDI at Eckerd College included with the kit.
For those Participating
- Recognize and understand their own conflict “triggers.”
- Understand how different values may contribute to conflict.
- Practice active and passive positive responses to conflict in their workplace.
- Apply the strategies to a workplace conflict situation.
- Facilitator Guide: Step Up to Conflict
- Talking points for each slide.
- Helpful tips for participant engagement.
- Breakdown of timeframes required for delivery.
- Flash drive that includes:
- PowerPoint slides.
- Two support videos:
- How to use CCL’s workshop kits.
- Overview of the course and the Step Up to Conflict content.
- Internal Marketing Support
- Editable email message to invite employees to participate in the workshop.
- Editable flyer for organizations to inform participants about the workshop.
- One Complete Participant Kit
Participant Packages include:
- Participant Workbook complete with content and guided practice exercises.
- CCL’s Guidebook Resolving Conflict: Ten Steps for Turning Negatives to Positives
- Values Explorer Card Set
- Conflict Cards