Learn. Leverage. Lead.
For experienced managers ready to take leadership to the next level, this flagship 5-day Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) program has been in use for over 40 years and is ranked as one of the top programs of its kind. Based on the most recent leadership research, this developmental process uses a variety of in-depth self-awareness tools and activities to enhance leadership capabilities for driving results.
Is this program right for you?
”LDP is an opportunity to focus on YOU and learn key items that are just about you. It is helpful to expose the personal and professional areas to focus on. You will make a lot of connections across different industries that you can count on in the future.Monica GaragolaManager, DTE Energy
LDP is a deeply personal, research-based and feedback-intensive learning experience. In just five days, you’ll gain a clear perspective on who you are as a leader, discover how to find balance so you can thrive in your personal and professional environments and forge a clear path forward with ongoing support for whatever the future may hold.
LDP is a comprehensive three-phase approach to learning which includes pre-program assessment, a week of face-to-face training and coaching, innovative exercises, peer feedback, post-program coaching and application back in the workplace.
Three-Phase Approach to Learning
- Personal Leadership Assessments
- Boss, Direct Reports & Peer Assessments
- Structured Interview with Boss
In the weeks prior to the program, participants work independently by completing required pre-work, including assessments, micro-lessons and reviewing assessment results to build insights and make the best use of the in-person classroom experience to come. Participants also conduct a structured pre-program interview with a boss to set the stage for transferring learning back to the organization.
Two weeks prior to the in-person session, the LDP Host—who will support participants online throughout their journey—will host a Live Online Kickoff.
Pre-program assessments provide:
- Insights to broaden leadership perspective.
- A detailed picture of leadership strengths, behaviors and preferences.
- Understanding of top-priority competencies.
- Clarity about development needs.
- A foundation for significant personal and professional growth.
Engage—In Person Classroom Experience
- 5-Day Intensive Program
- Experiential Learning
- Team Problem-Solving Activities
- Executive Coaching
- Peer Feedback
For five days, participants are immersed in their personal data, experiential activities and skill-building exercises. Led by highly qualified faculty, LDP is a safe—but challenging—environment for learning, practice, reflection and goal setting.
The program features:
- In-depth, 360-degree and individual assessment and feedback.
- Experiential activities and hands-on exercises, including a business environment simulation, for practice and deeper learning.
- A half-day, personal session with a coach to clarify thinking and plan next steps.
- Peer learning groups to provide feedback, insight, suggestions and support.
Apply—Sustain Your Learning
- One-on-One Coaching
- Goal Setting
- Take-Home Tools
- Post-Program Coaching
- Leadership Discussion Group
Following the live learning experience, participants apply and sustain their learning with a package of resources.
On-going support includes:
- Two-post program coaching sessions with a coach.
- Access to eLearning designed to reinforce lessons from the program, including courses, books, podcasts, articles, quick-reference checklists and leadership micro-challenges.
- Optional, fee-based learning and support, such as post-program coaching engagements, additional eLearning packages and custom initiatives to connect individual development to organizational needs.
”LDP is not what you think it is. It is about YOU, not your company.Jeff BoutteVice President, Exacta Land Surveyors
By applying the lessons of the Leadership Development Program (LDP), participants will be better equipped to:
- Learn the 6 key skills needed for leaders of managers: influence, communication, thinking and acting systemically, self-awareness, learning agility and resilience;
- Bridge and gap between senior management and the front line to grow alignment, build commitment and manage change;
- Collaborate across the organization to gain critical perspectives, solve complicated problems, create buy in and manage politics;
- Manage complexity to take wise and productive action amid complex, rapidly changing conditions;
- Leverage the experience gained from multiple life roles to increase their leadership effectiveness at work;
- Develop skills to elevate equity, activate diversity and lead inclusively; and
- Build resiliency to effectively manage stress, uncertainty and setbacks.
We understand the challenges faced by today’s mid-to-senior-level leaders, and LDP tackles them head on.
- Get the top & bottom of the hierarchy to work together;
- Collaborate across the organization—and across the globe;
- Maintain resiliency while handling uncertainty, solving problems & dealing with interconnected systems; and
- Tackle big priorities on all fronts.
The program includes many special features, such as:
- Intensive feedback. A comprehensive assessment of the leadership skills, behaviors and preferences most critical to success at this level provides deeply personalized data for feedback and improvement.
- Interactive hands-on format. Tangible action steps and how-to’s prepare participants to take action upon returning to work.
- Peer learning groups. In-the-moment feedback from peers provides insight, suggestions and support.
- Personal coaching. Participants are provided with a half-day of one-on-one coaching during the classroom session plus two, 45-minute post-classroom coaching calls with their coach.
- Practice and application. A business simulation and out-of-classroom experiential activities provide tangible, practical lessons.
- Take-home tools. Resources are tailored to sustain learning and support the individuals’ ongoing development.
WHITE PAPER: Unlocking Your Leadership Potential: A Guide for Middle Managers
In order to become a leader individuals should learn to lead themselves, lead others and then lead within a system. Download this guide to learn more about the 3 critical skills that mid- to senior-level managers need to succeed.
”This is a program that allows you to reframe your picture of what being a leader is while giving you tools and support to take your leadership journey to the next level.Michael DoveVice President, Enterprise Process, PSCU
Why LDP at Eckerd College?
Reputation of Excellence
- Eckerd College Leadership Development Institute (LDI) has been a Network Associate of the renowned global training provider Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) since 1981 and has delivered internationally acclaimed programs to thousands of local, national and international clients.
- Since its inception, LDI has enjoyed a reputation for excellence and quality in education and training.
- Our senior faculty team consists of highly trained and experienced professionals with diverse business and academic backgrounds. They are content experts with advanced degrees and coaching credentials and are trained to work closely and collaboratively with individual leaders and within their organizational structures.
Why Attendees Chose Eckerd
Top Ranked Institution and World-Renowned Executive Education
- Eckerd College is one of The Princeton Review’s Best 387 Colleges (2022), a member of Phi Beta Kappa and one of 40 schools featured in the book Colleges That Change Lives.
- In addition to our designation as a CCL Network Associate, LDI is an Education Partner of the international association, the Society of Human Resource Management.
- Eckerd’s Certified Workplace Mediator and Trainer (CMT) program is accredited by the International Mediation Institute.
- LDI’s proprietary assessments the Conflict Dynamics Profile (CDP) and Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile (EMP) are utilized globally by over +4000 certified practitioners.
- The Leadership Development Program is ranked as one of the best programs of its kind in the world.
The Right Climate for Learning
- Eckerd College provides a world-class program in a world-class setting. The climate we’ve created for learning—one that is stimulating and challenging, yet relaxed and open-minded—is enhanced by our sunny, Florida location.
- The retreat-style setting of our waterfront training facility allows participants to escape the everyday rigors of work and focus on their professional development in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- In addition to Downtown St. Petersburg’s thriving arts, recreation and culinary scene complemented by the white sandy beaches of Florida’s Gulf Coast, our proximity to Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota and Orlando make Eckerd College LDI a key destination for business travelers and their families.
High-Quality, Assessment-Based Program Content
- Rich, research-based content is focused on what matters most for first-time and front-line managers.
- Intense, personalized feedback gives participants an assessment of important competencies and a plan for learning.
- The interactive, hands-on format prepares participants to take action back at work. Coaching and take-home tools support newly enhanced skills of influencing, conflict resolution and communication.
- Participants consistently rate LDI programs 4.8 or higher on a 5-point scale in both value and enjoyment. Often, the ratings don’t even fully reflect the impact our programs have had on the individual lives and careers of attendees who have participated in LDI programs at Eckerd College.
- Low instructor/participant ratio: 1:12.
”You will get out what you put in. If you are willing to go all in, you will leave a changed person.Heather WeaverDigital Marketing Manager, American Heart Association
Who Attends LDP?
LDP program attendees come from a variety of diverse organizations and industries. This rich diversity of backgrounds, skills and experiences enhance the learning in our programs.
Participant Industry Mix
Out of State
View our client list to learn more about the many organizations with whom we have worked in the areas of leadership, teamwork, coaching and conflict.
Keeping The Momentum Alive With Integrated Coaching
Post-program coaching sessions offer support, expertise, and accountability.
LDI Coaches Provide:
- One-on-one encouragement and feedback in a confidential, risk-free setting.
- Support to keep the development plan on track and achieve development goals.
- An opportunity to build on the program experience to apply new insights.
How to Initiate Integrated Coaching with LDI:
- Select an Integrated Coaching package.
- Complete payment through the Integrated Coaching Registration page.
- Your coach will contact you to schedule sessions after payment confirmation from LDI’s Client Relations Manager.
Integrated Coaching Fees:
- Offered at a reduced rate of $400 per hour.
- Minimum of three sessions at $1,200.
Any data resulting from this coaching process will be considered confidential. Neither the assigned coach nor anyone from the Leadership Development Institute will disclose any information resulting from the coaching and consultation sessions to anyone except for the individual client him or herself.
Further questions regarding Integrated Coaching can be directed to Wendy Godfrey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727.864.8828.