Define yourself as an HR leader with SHRM Certification
The online course, led by Terry Marschall, SHRM-SCP Certified Instructor, and Senior Faculty Member, helps you engage in stimulating discussions, learn from peers, and benefit from a structured environment that keeps you on track.
Eckerd College’s SHRM Program participants consistently outperform other SHRM Certification candidates.
Online classroom sessions include:
- Interactive discussions and learning between peers and the SHRM Instructor
- Hands-on activities to drive learning and comprehension
- Models, tools, and guidance on how to apply the material to current HR roles
- Practice quizzes and activities that simulate the SHRM exam process
- A high-level review of the SHRM Learning Systems materials and resources
- An understanding of the practical application of HR competencies and knowledge
- Sample assessment questions
- Study and test-taking tips
- Insight into what to expect at the testing location on SHRM exam day
We can help you overcome your biggest obstacles
- Time. Our instructor will lead you through the most efficient and effective way to earn your certification.
- Cost. Save money and time by preparing the right way, the first time. Plus, our course qualifies for most employer tuition reimbursement programs.
- Boss. We have all the tools you need to approach your boss and prove the value of certification for your organization.
Is this program right for you?
”Even after six years of experience as an HR Generalist, the SHRM Certification class offered at Eckerd College enlightened me to how much more there is to offer as an HR Professional. The various ways of accessing the learning material—from books, hand-outs and websites to the classroom instruction which promoted participation and encouraged sharing—were wonderful and allowed for no excuses but to excel! I would recommend it highly.Renee Dellacroce, SHRM-CPRegional HR & Payroll Administrator
The Benefits of SHRM Certification
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the 2020 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program, HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they’ll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Eckerd College’s SHRM Certification Online Program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
For experienced managers ready to take leadership to the next level, this flagship 5-day Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) program has been in use for over 40 years and is ranked as one of the top programs of its kind. Based on the most recent leadership research, this developmental process uses a variety of in-depth self-awareness tools and activities to enhance leadership capabilities for driving results.
The course includes the 2022 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP.
Benefits to You
You will benefit from:
Benefits to Your Employer
Certification benefits your entire organization:
”Participating in the SHRM Certification class helped me pace my studies so I didn’t burn out before the exam. The group discussions really helped put all of the information into context as we compared how different concepts applied in each of our businesses.Eileen Brown, SHRM-SCPHuman Resources Manager
Who Should Enroll in the SHRM Certification Online Program?
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
Eligibility Requirements for SHRM Certification
To earn your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application in order to be eligible to sit for the exam.
To learn more about SHRM eligibility requirements visit: shrmcertification.org/eligibility
Advancing Your Career with the SHRM Certification Online Program
If you’re not interested in certification but want to improve your HR skills, this course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core behavior and technical competencies, and increase productivity in the workplace.
Attend for Your SHRM Recertification Credits
”“I loved the instructor-led SHRM Learning System course. Rather than just teaching facts and figures, the course has improved my critical thinking skills as an HR professional.”Lisa Karahan, SHRM-SCP
SHRM Certification Online Program
As an official SHRM Education Partner, we are able to build our course on the SHRM Learning System, giving you access to the most comprehensive, effective and up-to-date exam preparation tools available. The 2020 SHRM Learning System delivers:
- Effective and Proven Results – Candidates who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the average exam pass rate.
- One Source for Knowledge & Application – All the study tools you need to understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR knowledge.
- Current and Relevant Content – The SHRM Learning System has been updated to align with the 2022 SHRM BASK, the defined standard for knowledge and competencies required of HR professionals around the world.
- Convenient 24/7 Access – To your study tools from any mobile device, tablet, or computer.
The SHRM Learning System is comprised of four modules of study based on the SHRM BASK:
Module: Behavioral Competencies
- Leadership: Ethical Practice, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Leadership and Navigation
- Interpersonal: Communication, Relationship Management, Global Mindset
- Business: Business Acumen, Consultation, Analytical Aptitude
- HR Strategy
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of HR
- Organizational Effectiveness and Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Tech Management
- Managing Global Workforces
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law and Regulations (U.S. Only)